Effective Date: February 14, 2014
Agreement to the Policy
By using the Site, you consent to this Policy and to the use and disclosure of information about you in accordance with the data practices described in this Policy.
Pine Brook may modify the Policy at any time to reflect updates to its data practices or the law, so please review it periodically. If we make changes to the Policy, we will indicate at the top of the Policy the date it was updated, and post the changes to this Site. Any revisions to the Policy become effective when we post the revised Policy on the Site. Your use of the Site following these revisions means that you accept the updated Policy.
What User Information We Collect
Pine Brook collects the following types of information:
- Information you provide us directly when you register, including your first name, surname, email address, username, and password;
- Location information, including location information either provided by a device interacting with the Site or associated with your IP address; and
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, the type of browser and device you are using, and information about your device’s operating system.
Purposes for Which We Collect User Information
Pine Brook may use the information we collect in a variety of ways to enhance your experience while using the Site and Pine Brook’s services, including:
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns;
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of the Site;
- Improve customer services and Pine Brook products and offerings;
- Respond to your questions;
- Communicate with you regarding our protected content, such as annual meeting content and videos, as well as to provide you with information about additional products and services you may be interested in;
- Monitor and ensure Site integrity and security; and
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Sharing your Information
Data Integrity and Security
We exercise great care to protect your personally identifiable information. We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Site secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, no information security safeguards can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, Pine Brook cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or guarantee that your information on the Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed while in transmission to or in storage with Pine Brook.
How You Can Help Protect your Information
If you are using the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your username and password. Do not share or otherwise divulge your username or password to any third parties. Pine Brook will never ask you for this information in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You should also remember to sign out of the Site by closing your browser window when you have finished your work to ensure that others cannot access your personally information.
Pine Brook does not knowingly collect or solicit information from any persons under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. The Site and its content are not designed for or intentionally directed to children under the age of 13.
This Site is intended for use in the United States, and is governed by the laws of the State of New York. By accessing this Site, establishing an account, and providing your information to us, you agree to the transfer and processing of your personal information in the United States.
For any questions, comments or concerns, please contact us at Pine Brook.